Whether you have a gas stove or an electrical stove, fear not, Ottawa Pro Appliance Repair is able to provide services on any stove make or model. We provide highly trusted service available to you 365 days out of the year! Best of all? All appliance services offered by Ottawa Pro Appliance Repair are competitively priced and fair, giving you the chance to save some cash without sacrificing quality.
To avoid stove repairs, you want to ensure that your stove is maintained properly. The maintenance of stoves can sometimes be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. With our blog below, you can learn the most efficient ways of maintaining your stove with the least amount of effort!
How to Clean a Gas Stove
- Make sure all burners are completely turned off
- Carefully remove grills, grates and burner caps. Soak them in a 2:1 of water to cleaning product.
- Scrub off all caked on food debris off the stove surface.
- After all the loose debris have been removed, spray your desired cleaning product onto the stove top, including the gas dispersing panel. For this step,w e recommend using a mixture of water and vinegar, as it is natural and contains no chemicals.
- Depending on the level of dirt build up, determine if a more thorough cleaning is required. If so, you may need to try a stronger surface cleaner.
- After these steps, remove your grates and burner caps from the soapy water and start to clean them. Use a cleaning brush small enough to effectively clean the parts.
- Clean off the ledge of your stove where the oven and stove top meet.
- Finally, go for a second wipe using a disinfecting cloth on your stove top and your controlling panels and knobs.
- Place your burner caps back on your stove, followed by your grills/grates. Voila! Your stove is like new!
How to Clean an Electric Stove
- Make sure your stove is completely off
- If you have just used your stove, make sure that it has cooled off
- Combine a solution of soap and water (1:1), and use a disinfecting wipe to wipe down your soap solution.
- After all of the stubborn residue and food is lifted of your stove top, wipe it down entirely (circular motions) with a wet cloth damp with water. You may want to repeat this step more than once to ensure all the soap is off of your stove
- Wipe down any panels or buttons you may have on your electrical stove.