Maytag appliances are extremely popular with homeowners in the Ottawa area. Maytag is a high-performance, energy efficient and durable appliance brand, easily recognized as an industry leader in home appliances. However, without proper maintenance, you may need Maytag repair services in Ottawa.
Maytag offers appliances such as:
Having a high-performance appliance in your home will influence you to want to perform maintenance procedures to keep it new and efficient.
Without regular maintenance, your appliance may seem to be working well, but the results are in the products you put into them. Does your shirt smells funky? Or is your food taking extra long to cook? This could be a result from neglecting maintenance.
We at Ottawa Pro Appliance Repair have a few simple tips for helping you maintain your Maytag Appliance.
- Washers – Clean out your washing machine drum and rubber seal with a water and vinegar solution. Use a wet clock to wipe around your drum and wipe down the rubber seal your door and any hard to reach areas.
- Dryers – Make sure that you clean out all the lint properly, in your lint catcher and other crevices in your dryer where it may get caught in order to avoid a possible fire hazard.
- Refrigerators – Always wipe any spills that may have happened. Clean hinges around door, and set temperature to the correct setting.
- Freezers – Ensure that freezer vents are always open, allowing air to flow freely.
- Ovens – Always unplug the oven while cleaning, unless you are using the self-cleaning feature. When using an oven, sometimes items can crumble or there can be water spills or drops of oil, constantly wipe down your oven after it has cooled.
- Dishwashers – Run a heavy wash cycle in your dishwashing machine with a water and vinegar solution in order to remove any leftover residue or debris. Repeat with baking soda.
- Stoves – Let stove cool down, and wipe down after use. Remove grates if needed, and clean panels, getting rid of any crumbs or spilled substances.
- Microwaves – Keep the interior of your microwave clean. Do this by wiping down walls, and washing the glass saucer. Close the door safely and slowly, this will avoid altering any switches, or blowing and fuses. Lastly always make sure you are using microwave friendly dishes (you may be able to find this on the bottom of containers/dishware)
Following these steps, you can lengthen the lifespan of your valuable and trusted home appliances.
If you run into any issues with your home appliance, call Ottawa Pro Appliance Repair, and have one of our licensed technicians take a look! 613-518-3225